August 26, 2011
Dana's First Jump
Date: August 19, 2011
Location: Gardiner, NY
Work and fun intersect again as Dana Conklin of Concepts TV, one of the commercial production companies I work with, and her brother Jesse came up to The Ranch for their first skydives. It was Jesse's 18th birthday the day before.
It was a fun day, but the weather played havoc with our schedule. There was rain, lightning and thunder minutes before these photos were taken. When Dana and Jesse went up, none of us "fun jumpers" were jumping -- too risky. But things improved, and I was on the next load.
The day ended well. The weather held, and I told Dana and Jesse to go to Cavu, get a table and wait for me. Then, I asked the pilot to fly me over there and jumped in to meet them! It was cool to land and walk over to a table and have dinner. Dana and Jesse also enjoyed watching the other skydivers participate in the accuracy competition that happens there every Friday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment